Monday, November 19, 2012

Recipe: Pumpkin Cupcakes

I feel really bad about not posting in a while (been sick and sooo busy), and it'll be probably another week or two before I'm able to post another book review (and I have some great books I want to share!). In the mean time, if anyone remembers way back last year, when I first started this blog, I said I'd probably have some posts about food, which I have yet to do. So I've decided to share a favorite recipe a friend of mine gave me last year around this time:
 
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and Crystallized Ginger

Here's what you'll need:

4 eggs
1 2/3 cups of oil
2 cups flour
16 oz. canned pumpkin (slightly more is okay)
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place liners in cupcake pan.
Mix it all together.
Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 full or a little more if you like them slightly rounded and full.
Bake about 20 minutes.

When cool, frost with:

8 oz. cream cheese (room temp.)
1/2 cup unsalted butter (salted is okay)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
Mix together.

If desired, top with a few pieces of chopped crystallized ginger.

This recipe is really yummy and a perfect Thanksgiving dessert! I like to eat mine with a mug of hot tea. Mmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment